The Ei181 Ionisation Smoke Alarm runs on a 12V to 24V variable DC power, and has a 9V Alkaline battery back-up. The alarm gives a fire warning when adequate smoke enters the alarm.
The alarm is supplied with an Easi-fit base that allows quick and simple installation of the smoke alarm head. The Easi-fit base automatically connects both the mains power and battery as the alarm slides on.
The alarm has a pair of built-in Volt free relay contacts (i.e. can be used to switch into a burglar panel).
The alarm has other advanced features such as built-in circuitry to aid suppression of voltage transients and RF interference to further reduce the chances of false alarms under such conditions.
Operation of the Ei181 Ionisation Smoke Alarm
- The green light on the side of the alarm will illuminate to show mains power is present.
- The red indicator on the front of the alarm will flash every 40 seconds to show that it has performed an automatic self test.
- The red indicator will flash rapidly to show an alarm condition for the alarm that has triggered.
- The ‘Test/Hush’ button will either silence false alarms (if briefly pressed) or to perform a self test (if pressed and held).
- In ‘Test’ mode the alarm will perform a self test and sound the horn.
- In ‘Hush’ mode the alarm enters a 10-minute period of reduced sensitivity to overcome false alarm conditions. It will then automatically reset itself.
- When interconnected to other 180 Series alarms, an alarm on one unit will trigger all other interconnected alarms (only the triggered alarm will flash a red indicator).
- The alarm will emit a bleep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery back-up is depleted and needs replacing.
||Smoke chamber and battery is automatically tested every 40 seconds
||10.5 to 30 V DC
||85 dB(A) at 3 meters
||Operating - 0°C to 40°C Storage - 0°C to 35°C (in a dry area)
||0 to 90% relative humidity
||145mm x 55mm
||Kitemarked to 522831 BS EN 14604:2005